STINGING INSECTS CAN BE DANGEROUS!
ARE YOU IMMUNE TO THE WASP’S STING?
While most of the time these insects are considered more of a nuisance than a danger, some species do pack a powerful sting that (depending on the placement of and allergic reaction to the sting) could be considered a health threat. While it is thought that at least 100 Americans die each year from insect stings, many of the fatalities only occur in patients known to have a previous allergic reaction.
WHERE DO WASPS LIVE?
In the St. Louis, Missouri area, it is common for wasps to build a hive where your family lives and plays – on your porch or in your yard. A sting from these insects can cause serious health problems for anyone who is allergic to their venom. In the worst cases, stings can cause allergic persons to go into shock. This situation can be life-threatening. At the very least, these aggressive, bright-colored, flying insects can inflict a painful sting if you get in their way.
What Kind Of Wasp Do I Have?
Without the trained eye of a pest professional, it may be difficult to identify which species of bee, wasp, or hornet you are dealing with. Once the stinging insect is properly identified, an appropriate treatment solution can be customized depending upon the nest location, species, and other environmental or structural concerns.
Should I Remove A Wasp Nest Myself?
Be cautious when you are treating for wasps. The nests can be populated with hundreds of aggressive wasps that will swarm and sting multiple times. Even if you aren’t allergic to their venom, you may end up in a serious, life-threatening situation if attacked by a swarm.
We recommend turning to trained professionals when dealing with stinging insects. Get in touch with McCarthy Pest & Termite Control – we can help you with all your pest control needs.