Where Does A Brown Recluse Hide?
The Brown Recluse is a shy spider and will stay hidden. One of the best ways to get rid of Brown Recluse spiders is to eliminate the places where they hide:
- Brown Recluses like to shelter under items on the floor such as cardboard boxes, tools, and clothing.
- They can be found in clothes that have been lying around for several weeks on the floor. Avoid throwing clothes on the floor, and if you do, shake them out before putting them on.
- When you store things in the garage, basement, or attic, put them in plastic bags that you can close with a zipper lock or twist-tie. This is especially important for things that you stick your hands and feet into like sports equipment, gardening tools & accessories, and footwear.
- Clean up clutter and junk that is lying around. Recluses prefer to live under and between items such as plywood, tarps, and cardboard.
- Keep woodpiles away from the exterior side of your home. Brown Recluses like woodpiles and when they take up residence against the wall of your home, they are more likely to wander inside.
In-Home Treatment For Brown Recluse Spiders In The Kansas City, Missouri area Metroplex:
This sounds basic, but make sure to use a treatment that kills Brown Recluse spiders. Some pesticides do not, and you may still end up with dangerous spiders in your closets and holiday boxes because you didn’t read the label.
Apply the treatment on baseboards, in corners, and under furniture. You should also use it on any opening that may serve as an entry point or travel pathway for spiders.
Exterior Treatment For Spiders
Apply treatment to the exterior walls, especially in voids, cracks, and other openings.